One is Better than Two
Pacifica's current library branches must operate on one budget split in two. Two buildings mean fewer hours, fewer services and programs, and more money spent to duplicate the children's and multimedia collections. This model is financially unsustainable. Pacifica needs a sensible solution.
A Place for Everyone
A new Pacifica Library will offer important community services, like:
- Increased hours
- Senior programming
- Teen spaces and programming
- Children’s spaces and programming
- Learning centers with free Wi-Fi, computer labs, and tech training
- Community meeting rooms, private study rooms, and lounge spaces
- A central location, convenient for the majority of Pacificans
Financial Responsibility, Energy Efficiency
One new library will give Pacifica a community resource that does not divide money, books and staff into two buildings. A new location will allow the Pacifica Library to provide increased hours, more materials and dramatically enhanced services and programs, all while saving energy and spending money wisely.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more.